[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "'m0n0wall ML'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Documentation
 Date:  Sun, 23 Jan 2005 12:46:44 -0500
Peter Parnican wrote:
> Try pdf995, very easy, small and nice software.
> p.

If you don't like banners in your browser try the GhostScript and
RedMon combination. A little more complex to setup but no banners.
RedMon is a port redirector. The output of a postscript printer driver
is redirected to a program - GhostScript in this case. Follow the
instructions in the RedMon.hlp for setup of a "PDF Writer"
(GhostScript Example -> PDF Writer). In one step you create the file
pdfwrite.rsp. There is a variable "-sPAPERSIZE=a4" - you can change
"a4" to "letter" if needed. Also, keep in mind the help file was
written when GhostScript 6.01 was the current version (substitute 8.17
for 6.01).

Once setup and working when you "print" to the "Writer" you are
prompted to where to save the file, I save to my desktop. Just make
sure you use .pdf as the extension - saves some confusion and effort
to rename files...

You can get both here: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/. You only need
GhostScript and RedMon - i.e. don't need GSView. GhostScript 8.17 is
GPL. RedMon has its own license, but still free. RedMon is know to
have problems with Terminal Server and fast user switching on XP, but
otherwise works fine on Win9x, NT4, 2000, and XP (haven't tried on
Server 2003).

Good luck.

James W. McKeand