[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "Kim C. Callis" <kim dot callis at gmail dot com>, monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] MRTG vs Adobe
 Date:  Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:15:56 +0000
Hi,

> the way the filesystem works.  That's one of the trade offs that has
> to be made for an embedded-focused system like this, and also one that
> can run off of only a CD and a floppy.  m0n0wall isn't a hard drive
> install like Smoothwall or IPCop.  It loads the files into RAM at boot
> and runs off a memory disk.

strange - all my m0n0's run from a HD. I must have ignored some documentation
which denies me such use! ;-)

what SVG bug is fixed in the 6-alpha release of the SVG plugin? My firefox
crashes out badly when I move from viewing one interface to another.

final on-topic note: I dont see why we cant have 'transient' historical data -
ie m0n0 keeps throughput stats for an hour/day/week. okay, they are lost at boot time - but my m0n0s
have good uptimes..and to be able to see the throughput
that occurs when I'm NOT using the SVG realtime viewer (I do sleep
sometimes!) would be quite nice....

Alan