[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave O <dso at mssystems dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP VPN problems...
 Date:  Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:59:13 -0600
Chris Buechler wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:52:23 -0600, Dave O <dso at mssystems dot com> wrote:
>
>>I'm having problems getting pptp working on m0n0wall.  I created a rule
>>to allow all pptp clients through to anywhere on the lan.
>

> Do you have a rule on the PPTP interface permitting appropriately?  as
> described here. http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-pptprules.html
> Sounds like you just have a rule on LAN.
>
> -Chris

Yes I did, though I did limit it to TCP only and reading this page
again, that might've been my downfall.  I'll modify it to protocol ANY
and see if that helps.  Other than that, everything else corresponds to
the instructions there.

Thinking back on it, it seems that the firewall is blocking traffic from
127.0.0.1 back to the ip address that I'm connecting from.  Two
questions regarding this:

Does anybody know if a firewall on the pptp client breaks this?
Does attempting to connect from behind a NATed connection break this?

In any case, I'll see if modifying the rule helps any.  Thanks for the help.

- David