[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sylikc <sylikc at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Kim C. Callis" <kim dot callis at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Some guidance to sort through problems...
 Date:  Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:38:49 -0800
Kim,

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:57:19 -0800, Kim C. Callis <kim dot callis at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I am not bridging the mono box. I have a AP2100 (as a client) plugged
> in the WAN interface which is connected to the backhaul. The cameras
> and the users are connected in the hotel through a AP2700. Maybe I
> should bridge the 2100 to the backhaul, but the people of who designed
> this that recently figured out how to connect the access point to a
> wireless client and I have explain to them how to properly bridge all
> of the stuff together.

Bridging would probably complicate the mess, so I guess working with
it routed first to have it work, then move to bridging would be a good
idea.

> Following someone's recomendation on the mailing list, I installed
> SNMPTrafficGrapher and have the graphs running on the AP2700 and the
> mono box. The weird thing is that I don't see any type of traffic
> running through the access point even when I have the several cameras
> displaying pictures.Of course the problem might be that I don't really
> have the proper MIBS in places, so I even though I am able to see
> traffic, it may not be the optimal setup.

I'm not that familiar with working with SNMP, but I'm sure someone on
this list can give you a good direction to troubleshoot in.

> Thanks for the response, I am sure that mono is definitely the way to
> go after all the time that I spentt with Smoothwall and IPCop.

I've tried both as well, but m0n0wall just has unparalleled flexibility.

/sylikc