[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Aaron Cherman <acherman at shaw dot ca>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VLAN Tagging Support
 Date:  Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:21:55 -0700
I just recently started playing with m0nowall and I love it.  It's the best firewall/router software
that I have used.  Thanks to everyone involved in it's creation and evolution.

I am involved in a project that is starting a wireless ISP.  I have pretty much made up my mind that
I am using m0n0wall for our firewall/router.  I have done some testing and configuring and I am
fairly certain that it will serve our purposes.  I am wondering about VLAN support, though.  I am
trying to get m0n0wall to tag all packets being transmitted by the LAN interface into a managed
switch (With 802.1q VLAN support).  It does not seem that m0n0 is doing any tagging or responding to
tags.  I have read through most of the documentation and found that the chipsets in my box (a Lex
System CV860A) are not on the supported list.  Is this my problem or am I missing something
somewhere in the configuration.  Also, I am not an expert with FreeBSD.

Thanks to anyone that can offer help.

Aaron