[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Question About VPN Connection
 Date:  Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:51:42 -0500 (EST)
> If PPTP is acceptable, the client built into windows XP (SP2) works great.
> If you follow the manual precisely you should have it up and running in a
> few minutes.

Just an anecdote - with normal caveats, because I
don't recall for sure...but, I believe I set up my
laptop to use the WAN address of my m0n0wall for VPN...
even though I usually connect via OPT1 (WLAN)...
so, my 'doze laptop will get issued an address of
10.248.57.100 and gateway 10.248.57.1,
but my VPN connects to 64.81.xx.yy

This way, when I use someone else's wifi connection...
or when I LAN connect from home, I can still get in.