[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Will Dyson <will dot dyson at gmail dot com>
 To:  "R. Benjamin Shapiro" <ben at getdown dot org>
 Cc:  Jeb Campbell <jebc at c4solutions dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Help making trivial changes to a m0n0 image
 Date:  Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:00:30 -0500
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:58:57 -0600, R. Benjamin Shapiro <ben at getdown dot org> wrote:
> I'm running on a PC with a CompactFlash card.
>
> Thanks so much,
> Ben
>
> Jeb Campbell wrote:
>
> > R. Benjamin Shapiro wrote:
> >
> >> HI Folks,
> >>
> >> I wrote a week or two ago asking for help upping the number of
> >> simultaneous PPTP users from 16. While the changes to the m0no image
> >> are trivial to make, they require a FreeBSD box, which I do not have.
> >>
> >> Would someone be interested in helping me by building an image that
> >> has the limit raised to 50ish? I have Linux boxes galore, but my
> >> understanding is that this requires FreeBSD to do.
> >

> > Just doing this myself for Bellsouth static ip's.
> >
> > Please tell me what arch (generic, 45xx, 48xx, wrap), version (1.11 I
> > assume), and what files to change and where.

As I'm sure that this is the most common thing that people build new
images for, it might make sense to offer images built with different
limits (at least for the generic pc platform) from the download page.

As long as it is made clear that the higher limit will cause more
memory to be consumed, it could be very useful to people who know they
will need that many PPTP connections.

When I was setting up a m0n0 router for an important client, the
static PPTP limit was the biggest concern they (and my coworkers) had.
They were satisfied that we could build our own image with an
increased limit if we had to, but how many people don't bother looking
that deep?

--
Will Dyson