[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  port 80 redirection hack for transparent proxy?
 Date:  Wed, 26 Jan 2005 03:57:46 -0500
Hello,

I came across the below post which states that inbound NAT
can be applied in an outgoing manner to the LAN interface
such that all outbound port 80 traffic is redirected to a
proxy server:
    http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=110&actionargs[]=20

Are there any security implications with this sort of hack?

Also, I obviously can't choose the LAN interface instead of
the WAN interface for inbound NAT rules from the webGUI. Will
it work if I hard code it into the XML config file? Or is this
a bad idea?

TIA!

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator