[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave O <dso at mssystems dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPTP VPN problems...
 Date:  Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:52:23 -0600
I'm having problems getting pptp working on m0n0wall.  I created a rule
to allow all pptp clients through to anywhere on the lan.  However,
whenever I try to connect, the firewall log shows a connection from
127.0.0.1 -> my ip address as blocked.  Looking at the system log, I see
the following:

mpd: MP MRRU 1600
mpd: MP SHORTSEQ
mpd: ENDPOINTDISC [802.1] 00 00 24 c1 2f 64
mpd: [pptpc0] LCP: rec'd Configure Request #5 link 0 (Req-Sent)
mpd: MRU 1400
mpd: MAGICNUM 781a0a20
mpd: PROTOCOMP
mpd: ACFCOMP
mpd: CALLBACK
mpd: Not supported
mpd: [pptpc0] LCP: not converging
mpd: [pptpc0] LCP: parameter negotiation failed
mpd: [pptpc0] LCP: state change Req-Sent --> Stopped
mpd: [pptpc0] LCP: LayerFinish
mpd: [pptpc0] device: CLOSE event in state UP
mpd: pptp0-0: clearing call
mpd: pptp0-0: killing channel
mpd: [pptpc0] PPTP call terminated

I've looked through the mailing list but couldn't find anything
mentioning this specifically.

What is confusing me is that there isn't anything blocking outgoing
connections, except those related to smtp(25).  Everything else is
allowed out.

Can anybody provide any pointers to where to focus on?

Thanks,

David