[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Dyas <alex dot dyas at psineteurope dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  M0n0wall
 Date:  Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:01:43 +0100
Hi,

I have installed my first M0n0wall and I'm having problems with it.  The
setup is as follows:

- 4 machines with public IP addresses in range a.b.c.d
- Hub
- M0n0wall with LAN address in range a.b.c.d
- All 4 machines have M0n0wall LAN address as default gateway
- M0n0wall WAN address public IP w.x.y.z
- Internet

I've added a rule to allow ssh from the WAN to the LAN from anywhere.

However, no matter what I try I cannot get ssh working from the Internet
to any of the machines.  Logging on M0n0wall shows that the traffic is
accepted right to the machine, but blocked going back out.  A tcpdump on
the machine verifies that it does see the incoming traffic, and that it
tries to reply.

All 4 machines can access the Internet without any problems, ie ssh,
http outbound seems to be working fine.

Any ideas?

I've even tried opening everything, ie adding rules to allow anything
anywhere, but I still see the reply packets blocked.

I would really like to get this working as apart from this M0n0wall has
been a joy to work with.

Thanks,

Alex.
--
-= Alex Dyas , UNIX , DC Ops , PSINet , Geneva =-