[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeb Campbell <jebc at c4solutions dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] add files to m0n0wall distribution and create image image
 Date:  Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:34:02 -0600
PoWah Wong wrote:
> I want to add some files or executables to the
> m0n0wall distribution rootfs-1.11.tar.gz.
> After gunzip and untar it, then I add some files or
> executables to /bin directory and so on.
> What is the procedure to create the image file
> net45xx-*.img?
>
> A link to a website will be very helpful.

You must have a freebsd box to work with UFS filesystems like the .img
files.

The rootfs.tar.gz is simply the files that are in the image.

The easiest way to work on an image is to have a freebsd box and to use
the script that I will be posting to the list shortly.  It takes care of
gzip'ing and mounting the compressed filesystems (2 of them).

I will post this before lunch.

Jeb Campbell
jebc at c4solutions dot net