[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phil Greenway <m0n0wall at wenck dot com dot au>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] making changes
 Date:  Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:32:05 +1000
 >Basically it means unpacking the compressed filesystem image, mounting
it (on another FreeBSD machine), making
 >changes, unmounting it, and repacking it.

:(   Well I don't have a spare PC lying around to do this with. It would
be nice if m0n0wall had a shell in which you could upload files to it to
test stuff out.

NetBoz has a feature where you can save your files onto the floppy disk
and once the firewall was up and running, you could make it run a script
off the floppy which would say, copy your files from the floppy to the
ram disk.

This way you could extend the features without having to write a new ISO
image.

I really need to get this DHCP lease extended ... it's either that or
I'll have to remove m0n0wall and replace it with NetBoz. NetBoz when
acting like a DHCP server - we never had any dropouts ... so I don't
know if they implement DHCP differently.

Regards,

Phil Greenway