[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at wenck dot com dot au
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] making changes
 Date:  Tue, 18 Nov 2003 07:32:46 +0100
On 18.11.2003, at 00:32, Phil Greenway wrote:

> I really need to get this DHCP lease extended ... it's either that or
> I'll have to remove m0n0wall and replace it with NetBoz. NetBoz when
> acting like a DHCP server - we never had any dropouts ... so I don't
> know if they implement DHCP differently.

Are you really sure that increasing the DHCP lease time will make the
problem go away altogether and not just increase the time it takes for
it to pop up? I've been running DHCP on my m0n0walls for months and
never had any dropouts (with different kinds of equipment, Macintoshes,
Windows PCs, *nix...). Does m0n0wall log anything suspicious, like DHCP
related packets being blocked, or DHCP server error messages?

- Manuel