[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Olive <chris at technologEase dot com>
 To:  M0n0Wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  SNMP traps using SNMP feature?
 Date:  Sun, 16 Nov 2003 23:04:44 -0500
I'm mildly familiar with SNMP -- enough to know a bit about what it is
and enough have written an SNMP trap logger in Perl to log SNMP traps
sent from my old Linksys router to a MySQL database for report writing,
etc.  But not enough to answer this question on my own:

The SNMP traps feature I am missing under m0n0wall (though gladly traded
for all the other features it brings.)  Is it possible to utilize the
SNMP feature in m0n0wall to generate SNMP traps directed to a LAN IP on
port 162?  The traps on the Linksys specifically were on all incoming
and outgoing access (SYN packets?): source IP, port, dest IP, port,
direction (IN or OUT).

Thanks,
Chris
-----