[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bostjan Hojkar <bostjan dot hojkar at fov dot uni dash mb dot si>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bridge again :)
 Date:  Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:58:40 +0100
Well my purpose is bridged firewall (filtering bridge).

The way filtering bridge would work (AFAIK) is "put 2 interfaces, into
bridged mode, ipless and connect them in the midle of your LAN - Router
connection".

The third interface is there only for sake of administering firewall via WEB
interface. As i understand it this is how Bruce designed the whole filtering
bridge thing here. Or maybe not :).

OPT1 is not DMZ for me, and my LAN is network of public IPs, so i'm not
concerned with that (i.e. security) right now :) There aren't any servers
that would be conected via OPT1.

I'd be more than happy to use only 2 interfaces, put them into bridged mode
and get away with it. But u can't bridge WAN and LAN as it is right now.
I'll be working on that when i have time, but thought i'd use what it is and
the way it's supposed to work right now

Thx, Hob