[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phil Greenway <m0n0wall at wenck dot com dot au>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] making changes
 Date:  Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:22:19 +1000
 >On 18.11.2003, at 00:32, Phil Greenway wrote:

 >> I really need to get this DHCP lease extended ... it's either that or
 >> I'll have to remove m0n0wall and replace it with NetBoz. NetBoz when
 >> acting like a DHCP server - we never had any dropouts ... so I don't
 >> know if they implement DHCP differently.

 >Are you really sure that increasing the DHCP lease time will make the
problem go away altogether and not just increase >the time it takes for
it to pop up? I've been running DHCP on my m0n0walls for months and
never had any dropouts >(with different kinds of equipment, Macintoshes,
Windows PCs, *nix...). Does m0n0wall log anything suspicious, like >DHCP
related packets being blocked, or DHCP server error messages?

 >- Manuel

The logs show nothing out of the ordinary and nothing about being
blocked. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to remove m0n0wall from our
network. Perhaps in the future this will be fixed and will work better.
But in the meantime, I'm going back to NetBoz where we had none of these
DHCP issues.

Please note - we are using Remote Desktop on about 20 PCs and these are
the ones with issues - where networking is the most important thing.
Everytime it goes to get an new IP, their remote desktop session freezes
and they are forcifully disconnected from the Windows 2000 Servers.

Regards,

Phil Greenway