[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  bmah at acm dot org (Bruce A. Mah)
 To:  m0n0wall at wenck dot com dot au
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] making changes
 Date:  Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:21:57 -0800
If memory serves me right, Phil Greenway wrote:
> I assume that you can't make any changes or upload any files to m0n0wall
> unless I'm running it on one of these Soekris boards ?

You're talking about making changes to the the m0n0wall images?  I
don't think it's very much different between running on a Soekris or a
generic PC.

Look at the m0n0wall hacker's guide (linked from the Web page) for some
hints on how to do this.  Basically it means unpacking the compressed
filesystem image, mounting it (on another FreeBSD machine), making
changes, unmounting it, and repacking it.

(I've long wished for something analogous to the "make release" we use
for creating FreeBSD releases, but I don't know how hard this would be.)

Good luck!

Bruce.