[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Iedema" <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Documentation Team
 Date:  Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:01:34 -0600
Hello list,
I've been pondering this for awhile, and I think it's time I finally get
off my butt and get this going.  In recent e-mails it has be come
apparent that m0n0wall needs some really good reference documentation.

Mail lists are great for asking questions, but when the same questions
are asked it becomes annoying to the list members (read: Manuel).  The
search feature on the lists has made it easier, but we're still in need
of some more formal documentation.

If anyone would like to contribute to this please e-mail me back.  If
you are especially experienced with a specific area of m0n0wall please
specify that as well (i.e. you implemented a feature). Also, if you have
used m0n0wall to create a complex networking environment, written
walkthroughs will be a big help to those building similar environments.

My ultimate goal is to create documentation similar to FreeBSD's
handbook.  Very straightforward, very complete.

Thanks, and enjoy your weekend,
--Michael I.