[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'Chris Olive'" <chris at technologEase dot com>
 Cc:  "'Delpy'" <delpy at sover dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Router with filtering
 Date:  Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:40:17 +0100
Well, what is he trying to ping then?

(me still not getting the point)

Joachim

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Olive [mailto:chris at technologEase dot com]
Sent: vrijdag 21 november 2003 16:33
Cc: 'Delpy'; m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

It strikes me that he's not connected to the WAN yet and is just trying
to "test drive" m0n0wall using a simulated WAN connection using the same
IP through OPT1.  (Yes?)

Chris
-----
Chris Olive
chris at technologEase dot com
http://www.technologEase.com
(pronounced "technologies")

Christiaens Joachim wrote:

>Why do you give the same IP-address to the 2 interfaces?
>
>This should work fine:
>
>WAN --- sisX(WAN pub.ipaddr) --m0n0wall-- sisX(LAN 192.168.1.1) --- LAN
>
>Disable enhanced nat and all should go fine!
>
>Or did I miss something?
>
>Regards,
>Joachim

by
>other persons than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
>
>If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either
>by telephone (0032-2-729.48.11) or by e-mail and delete the material from
>any computer.
>Oce-Belgium/Oce-Interservices is nor responsible for the correct and
>complete transfer of the contents of the sent e-mail, neither for the
>receipt on due time.  This e-mail message does not bring about a
contractual
>obligation for Oce-Belgium/Oce-Interservices.
>
>Thank you for your cooperation.
>
>For further information about Oce-Belgium/Oce-Interservices please see our
>website at www.oce.be

>.

MISSION STATEMENT

DISCLAIMER