[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at acm dot org>
 To:  Chris Olive <chris at technologEase dot com>
 Cc:  "'Delpy'" <delpy at sover dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Router with filtering
 Date:  Fri, 21 Nov 2003 07:45:55 -0800
[Unnecessary signatures, disclaimers, and whitespace trimmed and
top-posting bugs corrected.]

If memory serves me right, Chris Olive wrote:

> Christiaens Joachim wrote:

It's not clear what the OP hopes to accomplish by assigning the same
IP address to WAN and OPT1.  This is almost certainly an error.

> >I can ping anything on 192.168.1.x but nothing
> >on
> >the OPT port. Comments, please.

ping from where?

> >Why do you give the same IP-address to the 2 interfaces?
> >
> >This should work fine:
> >
> >WAN --- sisX(WAN pub.ipaddr) --m0n0wall-- sisX(LAN 192.168.1.1) --- LAN
> >
> >Disable enhanced nat and all should go fine!
> >
> >Or did I miss something?
> >
> >Regards,
> >Joachim

From what I can tell, the OP probably wants this.

> It strikes me that he's not connected to the WAN yet and is just trying
> to "test drive" m0n0wall using a simulated WAN connection using the same
> IP through OPT1.  (Yes?)

OK, but if that were the case, he could whatever physical connection
he has on the OPT1 port to the WAN port and "test drive" that way.

Bruce.