[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at acm dot org>
 To:  Chris Olive <chris at technologEase dot com>
 Cc:  "'Delpy'" <delpy at sover dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Router with filtering
 Date:  Fri, 21 Nov 2003 07:45:55 -0800
[Unnecessary signatures, disclaimers, and whitespace trimmed and
top-posting bugs corrected.]

If memory serves me right, Chris Olive wrote:

> Christiaens Joachim wrote:

It's not clear what the OP hopes to accomplish by assigning the same
IP address to WAN and OPT1.  This is almost certainly an error.

> >I can ping anything on 192.168.1.x but nothing
> >on
> >the OPT port. Comments, please.

ping from where?

> >Why do you give the same IP-address to the 2 interfaces?
> >
> >This should work fine:
> >
> >WAN --- sisX(WAN pub.ipaddr) --m0n0wall-- sisX(LAN --- LAN
> >
> >Disable enhanced nat and all should go fine!
> >
> >Or did I miss something?
> >
> >Regards,
> >Joachim

From what I can tell, the OP probably wants this.

> It strikes me that he's not connected to the WAN yet and is just trying
> to "test drive" m0n0wall using a simulated WAN connection using the same
> IP through OPT1.  (Yes?)

OK, but if that were the case, he could whatever physical connection
he has on the OPT1 port to the WAN port and "test drive" that way.