[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at acm dot org>
 To:  Michael Iedema <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Documentation Team
 Date:  Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:03:05 -0800
If memory serves me right, Michael Iedema wrote:

> My ultimate goal is to create documentation similar to FreeBSD's
> handbook.  Very straightforward, very complete.

It seems to me there is a strong need for a document analogous to the
following two articles:

"How to get best results from the FreeBSD-questions mailing list"
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/freebsd-questions/index.html

"Writing FreeBSD Problem Reports"
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/problem-reports/article.html

Actually, sections of both articles are directly applicable to the
m0n0wall community.

A problem I've seen here is that a number of new users post to the
list seeking help, and it seems clear that some of them don't know how
to ask for it in a useful way.

Bruce.