[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Martin Holst" <mail at martinh dot dk>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] RE: IDE CF card
 Date:  Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:32:43 -0800
Easier yes - better? Maybe not...

In a power fail, you could corrupt your CF image, then you lose the benefits
of solidstate booting.

Also, my understanding is that CF "disks" have a limited number of write
operations before they start having problems. The problem is going to cause
trouble with typical configs where log files are updated constantly - I'd do
the math and see how long it will last?

my 2 cents

m/