[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Delpy" <delpy at sover dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Router with filtering
 Date:  Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:38:41 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christiaens Joachim" <jchristi at oce dot be>
To: "'Delpy'" <delpy at sover dot net>; <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 4:45 AM

> Why do you give the same IP-address to the 2 interfaces?
> This should work fine:
> WAN --- sisX(WAN pub.ipaddr) --m0n0wall-- sisX(LAN --- LAN
> Disable enhanced nat and all should go fine!
> Or did I miss something?
> Regards,
> Joachim

I used the same IP because I didn't intend to use the WAN port because I
don't need NAT but WAN requires an IP. I think you may've turned me on to
the solution with "Disable enhanced nat". How's that done? In the end I'll
be using 2 public IP's on whatever ports. I just need routing and filtering.
I've probably just missed something simple. All pinging is done from