[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Levi <kugeln at gmx dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Point-to-Point Q's
 Date:  Sat, 22 Nov 2003 03:13:16 -0600
I have a question hopefully someone here has tackled already...I
couldn't find much in the archive, but I apologize in advance if this is
a rehash of previous discussions...

I am in the process of installing a wireless link to our satellite
(remote) office supporting two remote users.  The main resource they
require is access to the internet, but email and access to other
resources would be a great bonus...

I'm currently testing with two Soekris 4521 boxes each running a single
NL-2511CD PLUS EXT2 card from netgate.  What I would ideally like to
accomplish is a completely *transparent* link between the two sites
(think poor man's Proxim Tsunami system).  I am encountering some
difficulty, however.

Could anyone here who has done this send me a quick summary of the
settings they used which worked for them?  Or let me know flat out that
it isn't going to happen with m0n0wall without some wicked customizations...

Here is what I envision: (Had a more complex thing worked out, but it didn't look right on account
of the variable width fonts...)

Main office----Soekris A-*))))) (((((*-Soekris B----Remote Office

Thanks,
Levi