[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Na Petriny" <kraus at seznam dot cz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  BRIDGE again ...problem with WLANs
 Date:  Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:05:49 +0100
Hi,
At first, great work Manuel, thanks.

I read many lists from hear, but I have problem with bridge anyway.

Configuration:

Main router ( -  -------------------- -)|    wi0(managed) --- bridged ---wi1(hostap)  |(-
-------------------- -)clients
  DHCP                    lan1, part1       |   WAN(fixed IP)    Monowall           OPT1    |
  lan1,part2
                                 clients              |-------------------------  LAN
-----------------------|

                                                                                              lan2
                                                                                    administration

Notes: I can use DHCP from main router. No DHCP set on Monowall for OPT1, only for LAN interface.
           Have pointed static route to lan2. Default route is automaticaly on WAN (not shown in the
Monowall                table).
           Firewall is open for all traffic on all NICs.
           All subnets are on private IPs.
           Used wlan cards zcomax XI626, No shared IRQs.

Results  - I simulate configuration with ethernet NICs:
            All worked OK. DHCP requests passed from part2 through the bridge.
            In real situation, with wireless pci cards, this not work, no assigned IP (ping to
static IP in part2 is OK).                 And more, during some time the Monowall PC hangs, when no
IPs are assigned to clients PCs.

When part1 and part2 are different subnets, in Monowal routed, separate DHCP for each part, the net
work normaly.

 Is there a way to resolve this problem or is problem of actual hostap driver?
Thanks Mick