[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Boris Rudoy" <boris at rudoy dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] NAT configuration
 Date:  Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:39:32 -0800
Linksys does that aliasing or forwarding automatically...

AND I WOULD LOVE to make it work on a unix router.

Basically, it's like NAT is also running on the internal interface, and
detects the request for the external addresses which are REALLY on the
internal network and forwards appropriately.

I've got another application for it... I was asking before, but didn't have
a simple example like that in my head to explain it.

I've got a network whic I have no control over (it's ATM through a telco)

Each port on the network is allocated a "path" through the network to my
router in their colo. My problem is that because of path allocation, Host1
can't see Host2, but Host1 can see router and Host2 can see router. I
thought of making them run on private addresses but different subnets, and
that way they would have a valid reason for talking to the router even
though they are essentially on the same network, but although it will work
with a Cisco, it won't work with my PC based configs.

Any experts out there have a clue what to try?

Just looking for a pointer that will let me "route" back onto the same
interface... essentially what you were seeing with the linksys.

Thanks.

m/