[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "W. Brian Jurkowski" <bjurkowski at hotmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Slow VPN connection
 Date:  Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:45:48 -0600
I am still fairly new to m0n0wall - but I have been VERY pleased so far.  NICE job guys!

Now for my question:

I have m0n0wall set up at my home office (with a cable modem) and I VPN into it from various remote
locations (typically DSL or T1 lines).  VPN works GREAT but it's very slow from my laptop (running
Windows 2000 Pro).  I checked my VPN connection status and it shows 1,534 error this session!
Is that normal?
If not, is that why it's so slow?
What can be done to correct that?
If that's not the problem, what can I do to speed up my VPN connection?

Brian