[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <lists at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  "Robert Bialecki" <robert at mpiwifi dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Firewall Quiestion
 Date:  Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:11:39 +0000
OK - I am on a roll and will give Chris a rest for tonight :-)

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 18:43, Robert Bialecki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What rule should I use to stop comunication between clients on lan?
> A client should only be able to go to the gateway (monowall) and not be
> able to comunicate on any port with any other client on lan.

You can't.  If all your clients are on the same LAN then they can chatter away
to each other and there is not a damn thing m0n0wall can do about it.

In order to impose a security policy any firewall must be placed between the
communicating systems to filter the traffic.

Peter

Peter Curran				  Leveraging Internet Technology
Close Consultants			       for Businesses
p: +44-1225-463700
f: +44-1225-463705
e: peter at closeconsultants dot com
sip: peter at closeconsultants dot com