[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex Threlfall" <alex at cyberprog dot net>
 To:  "'RP Smith'" <rpsmith at hotmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Firewall Quiestion
 Date:  Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:02:32 -0000
I believe that is because in an Star configuration your access point acts as
the "switch". However your wired lan will have a switch and *then* the
accesspoint/firewall and will only contact that machine to connect to the
internet but will diretly contact one another to access themselves.

Kind Regards,

  Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media
tel - 0870 446 0789