[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <lists at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  seth at pachai dot net, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] virtual subnets via VPN?
 Date:  Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:46:15 +0000
Seth

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 04:15, Seth Rothenberg wrote:
> I wonder if anyone has a suggestion on
> whether m0n0 can do this....
>
> I want to make a WISP.  Ignoring WEP, as it deserves,
> I have set up a PPTP server...but assuming I have
> 10 customers,  if I do nothing special, they will
> all be on the same virtual LAN...
>
> which is fine if they all trust each other.
> But what happens if they don't?

This is where OpenVPN comes in.  Simply give your users the OpenVPN client and
setup the OpenVPN server on m0n0 not to permit client-to-client routing.
This means that all conversations between clients has to pass through
m0n0wall and can be managed using filters.

Peter

Peter Curran				  Leveraging Internet Technology
Close Consultants			       for Businesses
p: +44-1225-463700
f: +44-1225-463705
e: peter at closeconsultants dot com
sip: peter at closeconsultants dot com