[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <lists at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  "Christian ERDT" <ec at erdt dot biz>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall 1.2b3 OpenVPN route problem with WinXP Client
 Date:  Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:58:06 +0000
Christian

> I use m0n0wall 1.2b3 . I setup my m0n0wall as OpenVPN server and my
> notebook (WinXP SP2) as client.
>
> All works fine but i have after connect the vpn-client no route to my home
> network.
>
> i have to add the route from hand ...
>
> is this normal, a bug or bad config in my m0n0wall/client
Are you saying that your client does not have route to the home network via
the OpenVPN tunnel?

If you are then check that you have enabled 'redirect gateway' option in the
OpenVPN server (this tells the server to send the redirect-gateway command to
the client to push the default route up the tunnel).

If you want split-routing (ie. only stuff to the home netwwork up the tunnel
and verything else to the net) then you will have to add the route by hand.
I am playing with this option at the moment to decide whether to add in a
function to push a route to the LAN subnet to the client.

Actually, I may well do the latter - but what I am considering is the
complexity in offering the option to route to OPT subnets, or maybe just
allow you to specify a subnet.

I hope this helps, but please come back if you need more info.

Peter

Peter Curran				  Leveraging Internet Technology
Close Consultants			       for Businesses
p: +44-1225-463700
f: +44-1225-463705
e: peter at closeconsultants dot com
sip: peter at closeconsultants dot com