[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Angus Jordan <angus dot jordan at gmail dot com>
 To:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, Manuel KASPER <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPSEC Site-to-site VPN firewall
 Date:  Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:22:35 -0800
I can't say for sure that this is directly related to the fact that
ipfilter and ipfw are used in conjunction.  In theory, the afore
mentioned scenario should work.

Perhaps a possible resolution to this is to add a seperate Rules page
just for an IPSEC firewall?  Unfortunately, that seems like a
temporary resolution.  I'd like to see the regular Rules page
incorporate a way of filtering IPSEC traffic.

I know there is a way (according to the FreeBSD handbook) to put all
this IPSEC traffic through a virtual network interface (gif0, gif1,
etc).  Similar to how the PPTP server works with the ng0, ng1
interfaces.  If this was how things were done then traffic could
easily be filtered.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
Angus