[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Suggestions for an ethernet modem ['Watchdog': checked]
 Date:  Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:35:30 +0000
Hi,

In message <20050127170113 dot F1BDD7BA4E at mail2 dot fomltd dot com>, Andre Newman
<anewman at fomltd dot com> writes
>> anyone have any other possible recommendations for a similar
>> product which will make itself 'invisible' and let m0n0wall
>> do all the routing/firewalling etc.?  It needs to be usable
>> on the UK ADSL network (PPPoA).
>
>I'm using a Dlink DSL-300T, only had it a few weeks but it's
>transparent to the firewall and hasn't given any trouble so far.
>
>http://adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2004/q4/dlink-dsl300t.asp
I've got an Origo ASR-8400 - used to use it in half-bridge mode but as I
have a /30 I am now using it in bridge mode.  Will be getting a /29
shortly and bridging OPT1 to the WAN interface as an Internet facing
DMZ.  The reason for switching was that I was getting fed up with all
the DHCP messages on my log host !!!

The only way I could get the full bridge to work was by switching from
PPPoA to PPPoE (and I'm in the UK) !!!  I was amazed but the DSLAM
doesn't appear to mind !!!

The router came from ebuyer.com and is now available as SAMR-4114, order
code 48449

HTH,

                                Neil.

--
Neil A. Hillard                E-Mail:   m0n0wall at dana dot org dot uk