[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  "'Tim Vaughan'" <talltim at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Suggestions for an ethernet modem ['Watchdog': checked]
 Date:  Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:39:58 -0000
> Thanks for all the suggestions.  RE: having to deal with
> changing the default route for half-bridge modems, I was
> thinking of adding the commands (route delete default etc.)
> to shellcmd in the config.xml file.  Would this work?

Yes, this works fine, but it'll only do it on rebooting the box, not if the
IP changes whilst the machine is running (incredibly rare, in my experience
- only occasion I can think of is if your modem needs a power cycle but
m0n0wall isn't cycled at the same time).

If your office is on a static IP this may well not be an issue anyway - you
won't need to use DHCP to assign the IP to m0n0wall in the first place, so
you can define m0n0's gateway manually as well, I assume.

Regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall, Partner, Minotaur
Tel: (07010) 710715   Mobile: (07811) 332969   ICQ: 13350579