[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Greg Brown <gregbrown at mindspring dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0, dyndns, and nat
 Date:  Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:45:42 -0500
My network is on a cable modem and my routeable IP address is grabbed
by m0n0 (as it should be).  My internal "LAN" is on 192.168.11.x/24
range.  I forward ports 80, 22, and 443 to 192.168.11.40, my primary
server.  How can I, while connected to my internal LAN, update my blog
and other software associated with my dyndns name?  If I try to force
the connection to 192.168.11.40/blog (running Drupal) I cannot add
stories to my page.  My lame work-around has been to ssh to my buddy's
house then use his squid proxy to redirect back out on the Internet.
Obviously this is not ideal.

There must be a way to set up a rule on m0n0 to allow this?  I've
google, hacked around, etc, but nothing seems to work like I'd like it
to.  Is there a quick m0n0 rule fix to allow this?

Greg