[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Michael A. Alderete" <lists dash 2003 at alderete dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall works with Soekris net4501 + lan1621?
 Date:  Fri, 28 Jan 2005 01:00:51 -0500
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:34:02 -0800, Michael A. Alderete
<lists dash 2003 at alderete dot com> wrote:

> I'm hoping that someone on the list has at least tried it, or someone
> donated hardware to Manuel, and we can definitively say that it works as
> one would guess and hope. My primary concern is that somewhere in the
> start-up or user interface code there's an expectation (at least for the
> net4x01 version) that there are no more than three interfaces of a
> particular type. There's also the concern that the lan16x1s are pretty new,
> and who knows, maybe there's something tricky there.
>
> Seems unlikely, but I'm about to spend $100 to buy the hardware and revised
> case, so I'd prefer to be sure, or at least confident...

I recall somebody in IRC talking about using a 2 port PCI NIC on a
Soekris with m0n0wall, though I don't know which it was.  Had to be
something using the sis driver since that's the only ethernet driver
in the 45xx m0n0wall kernels, so it was probably one of those Soekris
cards.

I'm reasonably sure enough that it'll work that I'd spend the money on
it, if that helps you any.  :)

-Chris