[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  PoWah Wong <wong underscore powah at yahoo dot ca>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  WAN Interface and LAN Interface in same subnet
 Date:  Fri, 28 Jan 2005 02:54:57 -0500 (EST)
Can WAN Interface and LAN Interface in same subnet?
e.g. WAN Interface = and
     LAN Interface =

If yes, then why my PC can ping LAN sis0
but not WAN sis1

My network consists of a cable modem connected to a
4 port switch SMCVBR7004VBR which is connected to a PC
and two ethernet ports of the soekris net4521 board.

[cable modem]
{4 port switch/router}
LAN-IP: --- [PC]
                    |    soekris net4521
		    |--- sis0
                    |--- sis1

I set up LAN IP address for soekris net4521 for with console setup.

I use webGUI to setup sis1:
Interfaces: WAN
Type: 	Static

IP address

Option "Block private networks" is unset.