[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kim C. Callis" <kim dot callis at gmail dot com>
 To:  PoWah Wong <wong underscore powah at yahoo dot ca>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Does m0n0wall support SNMP v3
 Date:  Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:27:51 -0800
That question brings me to another point of fine tuning. I loaded STG
- SNMP Traffic Grapher for Windows to monitor what my m0n0 box was up
to. I found in the documentation some generic MIB OID to do graphing.
Using the CISCO MIB, I was able to do some graphing, but I wonder is
there anyway to really fine to MIB specific for a m0n0 box?

Anyone out there that plays with SNMP that can answer that question?

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 02:46:25 -0500 (EST), PoWah Wong
<wong underscore powah at yahoo dot ca> wrote:
> Does m0n0wall support SNMP v3?
>
> I do not find any menu in webGUI to configure SNMP.
> e.g. setting the authentication protocol pass phrase.
>
> UCD-SNMP 4.2.6 is used in m0n0wall.
>
> From http://www.ece.ucdavis.edu/ucd-snmp/
>
>   This package currently supports the original SNMPv1,
> SNMPv2 classic
>   (i.e. RFCs 1441-1452, and referred to as "SNMPv2
> historic)), and
>   Community-based SNMPv2 (i.e. RFCs 1901-1908).
>     The agent will respond to requests using any of
> these protocols,
>   and all the tools take a command-line option to
> determine which
>   version to use.
>
>     It is the declared intention of this group to
> support SNMPv3, and
>   work on this has now begun.  Currently the agent
> supports the SNMPv3
>   view-based access control model (RFC 2275).
>     Support for the remaining aspects of SNMPv3 is
> expected to follow.

When It Absolutely, Positively has to be Destroyed Overnight!!!

      1-(800) MARINES
Kim C. Callis
kim dot callis at gmail dot com