[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Denis Mirassou <Mirassou at cict dot fr>
 To:  "Kim C. Callis" <kim dot callis at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Does m0n0wall support SNMP v3
 Date:  Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:33:43 +0100
Kim C. Callis wrote:
> That question brings me to another point of fine tuning. I loaded STG
> - SNMP Traffic Grapher for Windows to monitor what my m0n0 box was up
> to. I found in the documentation some generic MIB OID to do graphing.
> Using the CISCO MIB, I was able to do some graphing, but I wonder is
> there anyway to really fine to MIB specific for a m0n0 box?
>
> Anyone out there that plays with SNMP that can answer that question?

Hi,
No, a standard MIB is sufficient.
I use RRD Tools (http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/)
and Cacti (http://www.cacti.net/) as a Web Frontend for RRTools.

I have traffic, unicast, non unicast and errors counters for each
M0n0Wall interfaces.

Keep it easy !

Denis

> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 02:46:25 -0500 (EST), PoWah Wong
> <wong underscore powah at yahoo dot ca> wrote:
>
>>Does m0n0wall support SNMP v3?
>>
>>I do not find any menu in webGUI to configure SNMP.
>>e.g. setting the authentication protocol pass phrase.
>>
>>UCD-SNMP 4.2.6 is used in m0n0wall.
>>
>>From http://www.ece.ucdavis.edu/ucd-snmp/
>>----------------------------------------------------
>>
>>  This package currently supports the original SNMPv1,
>>SNMPv2 classic
>>  (i.e. RFCs 1441-1452, and referred to as "SNMPv2
>>historic)), and
>>  Community-based SNMPv2 (i.e. RFCs 1901-1908).
>>    The agent will respond to requests using any of
>>these protocols,
>>  and all the tools take a command-line option to
>>determine which
>>  version to use.
>>
>>    It is the declared intention of this group to
>>support SNMPv3, and
>>  work on this has now begun.  Currently the agent
>>supports the SNMPv3
>>  view-based access control model (RFC 2275).
>>    Support for the remaining aspects of SNMPv3 is
>>expected to follow.

         /\
      /\/  \
  O  / / Denis Mirassou

/ \| Centre Interuniversitaire de Calcul de Toulouse (C.I.C.T)