[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Pieterjan Heyse <pieterjan dot heyse at scheppers dash wetteren dot be>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  OpenVPN vs. IPSEC
 Date:  Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:06:18 +0100
Hi All,

I am building a wireless network between some schools and I'm using
m0n0wall as router. All the wireless parts will be encrypted. I was
wondering, since  1.2b3 built on Sun Dec 5 11:22:47 CET 2004 you can
use openVPN, too.

What is more bandwidth efficient ? IPSEC or OpenVPN ?
I assume that the security is ok when using both systems ? Can openVPN
establish simple point to point tunnels, like IPSec (Raccoon) can ?

btw, I'm using a D-Link 570TX card (4ports)  and so far 1.2b3 seems to
work with that card fine. 1.1 did not work with the card.

Thanks,

Pieterjan

Scheppersinstituut Wetteren
Cooppallaan 128
9230 Wetteren
Tel: 09 3692072
Fax: 09 3661348
mailto:pieterjan dot heyse at scheppers dash wetteren dot be