[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Pieterjan Heyse <pieterjan dot heyse at scheppers dash wetteren dot be>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  OpenVPN vs. IPSEC
 Date:  Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:06:18 +0100
Hi All,

I am building a wireless network between some schools and I'm using
m0n0wall as router. All the wireless parts will be encrypted. I was
wondering, since  1.2b3 built on Sun Dec 5 11:22:47 CET 2004 you can
use openVPN, too.

What is more bandwidth efficient ? IPSEC or OpenVPN ?
I assume that the security is ok when using both systems ? Can openVPN
establish simple point to point tunnels, like IPSec (Raccoon) can ?

btw, I'm using a D-Link 570TX card (4ports)  and so far 1.2b3 seems to
work with that card fine. 1.1 did not work with the card.

Scheppersinstituut Wetteren
Cooppallaan 128
9230 Wetteren
Tel: 09 3692072
Fax: 09 3661348
mailto:pieterjan dot heyse at scheppers dash wetteren dot be