[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  JSimoneau at lmtcs dot com
 To:  bsdneophyte at yahoo dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall wont boot from soekris 4501's CF
 Date:  Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:41:11 -0500
Some CF cards do not work well with the Soekris boards. Either the board
won't recognize the CF card and won't boot, or it'll only boot once in
awhile. What brand of card are you using?

I have also encountered one brand of CF card that would boot fine in a
cold boot (unplugging the Soekris and plugging it back in) but would give
me an error like this in a warm boot scenerio (rebooting from the monowall
software).

I've installed many monowalls on Soekris 4501 and 4801 boards, and now use
only Sandisk 32MB and 64MB cards that we buy in packs of 10. I have had no
issues with these cards, although we have a number of other cards in the
field that work great too.

- Josh