[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Stefano Razzauti <stefano dot razzauti at yogitech dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN connection
 Date:  Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:30:28 -0500
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:45:31 +0100, Stefano Razzauti
<stefano dot razzauti at yogitech dot com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I need to open a PPTP-VPN connection with a m0n0wall inside a network
> with a front-end firewall.
> I need to know what are the firewall ports to be opened to enable the
> access by PPTP.
> I've tried to open the 1723 tcp and udp port but the VPN connection is
> not estabilished: I obtained the
> following error in the m0n0wall system logs:
>
> mpd: [pt1] error writing len 42 frame to bypass: Can't assign requested
> address

m0n0wall automatically opens the appropriate ports when you enable
PPTP, so you don't have to open anything.

That message has been discussed in the past, the following might help.

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=68&actionargs[]=04
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=50&actionargs[]=12
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=%22Can%27t+assign+requested%22+site%3Am0n0.ch&btnG=Search

-Chris