[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  SSH timeouts using 1.2b3
 Date:  Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:33:15 -0500
Hello,

Is anyone else experiencing SSH connection timeouts
using 1.2b3? After about 2 hours I lose my sessions.
It isn't clean either. It's similar to what happens
when a network connection just goes down. The session
stays open, but if you press keys then it times out
after a few minutes.

I have nothing in m0n0wall -> Advanced -> TCP Idle Timeout.
So it *should* default to 2.5 hours. However, my ipv4
tcp keepalive on the machine that keeps losing connections
is currently this:

% cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_time
7200

(two hours)

So I'm not sure why my connections are dying. This is
a Soekris 4801-50 m0n0wall platform. Any ideas?

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,