[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  Paul Rae <PRae at aminocom dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] console access?
 Date:  Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:00:16 +0100
> Ok im being really stupid here, but how do i get access to the console to exec commands?

You can't ;-)

This console only provides initial setup and password recovery tools.

> I want to carry out the following commands so it sets the default route correctly but cant work
out how i actually get a session on the box ;)

> route delete default
> route add default -interface -link rl0

Try the hidden exec.php instead. You have to provide full path to
executables... This should let you see if all works as expected.

When all is OK, you can put the shell command in the config.xml file so
that you do not lose your extra config after a reboot. Rather useful.

See the DocBook for more info on adding commands to the config.xml file.
  See http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-hiddenopts.html in particular
+ mailing list archive (search for 'shellcmd').

Cheers,

-- Vincent