[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 and mrtg
 Date:  Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:16:54 +0100
Am Samstag, den 29.01.2005, 10:53 -0500 schrieb Adrian Padilla:
> I see that mono can handle snmp, but am confused, do I have mono send the
> info to another machne or does it store it on the memory, of the mono box (
> highly unlikely)
Why aren't people able to search the mailing list before posting?
Yes, you need another machine. Have you ever set up mrtg?

> The end goal is to get mrtg to vork on with mono, I have searched all the
> mrtg docs, and I think I am stuck at the snmp issue, how to set it up
What's exactly the problem with it? Start webbrowser, connect to m0n0,
enable SNMP agent with a good Community name (do not use public!).

Install mrtg onto another machine (with apache, cron and perl
installed), start "cfgmaker", edit the mrtg.conf, start "indexmaker",
start mrtg (several times, until there are no warnings/errors), have a
look at the generated html-files, create a cron job.

The mrtg documentation is well enough and the first step is to read it
carefully.

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |           if (instr(buf,sys_errlist errno )) /* you
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     don't see this */  -- Larry Wall in eval.c