[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris James" <lists at chrisjames dot me dot uk>
 To:  "Arne =?ISO-8859-1?Q?B=F6deker?=" <a dot boedeker at gmx dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] problems with m0n0wall (1.11 / 1.2b3) inside VMWare 4.52 (WinXP Host)
 Date:  Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:32:27 +0000
Arne,

Further to last message,

I have a virtual disk of m0n0 set up here:
http://www.chrisjames.me.uk/static/firewall/m0n0wall-dist.vmdk

It was made on the latest beta of VMWare 5 so I don't know if it's
backwardly compatable but it's worth a try. It works like the compact
flash vesion.

Regards,
Chris.

said:
> I try m0n0wall cd rom iso inside VMWare Workstation but i have no luck.
> m0n0wall (try 1.11 and 1.2b3) detects the virtual lancards from vmware
> as "sis0" and "sis1" but no chance to connect to the lan.

> i search the m0n0wall mailing list for "VMWare" and the interesting
> thing:
>
> one group has the same problems as i and the other group have no
> problems to run m0n0wall inside VMWare....
>
> But it seems that there are no one that have first problems, solve these
> and explain the solution...
>
> i try guest opeartion system BSD, with or without virtual floppy,
> virtual HDD, start cd.iso.
>
> btw. are there any mailing list, webforum etc. for m0n0wall in german?
>
> i will kiss (virtually :) ) your feet for any working hint.
>
> best regards Arne

  Chris James
  http://www.chrisjames.me.uk