[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Nardone <jnardone at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  boot problem - how to diagnose?
 Date:  Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:19:07 -0500
I'm having trouble booting up m0n0wall, but I'm not a fbsd expert so
I'm not sure where to look.

The boot messages hang immediately after:

     atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> at port 0x60,0x64 on isa0
     atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> flags 0x1 irq 1 on atkbdc0
     kbd0 at atkbk0

the keyboard lights all flash at the last line (once), I assume for
detection.  At this point, the machine locks HARD.  I have to power
down/power up to reboot.

If I break to the boot loader prior to this point, the keyboard works
and all is well.  If I unplug the keyboard, the boot hangs after the
first line (atkbdc0: ...)

1) I assume this means the keyboard is detected properly?
2) What is it trying to detect next??

Thanks for any pointers.

Joe