[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Nardone <jnardone at gmail dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] boot problem - how to diagnose?
 Date:  Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:07:18 -0500
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:41:56 -0500, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:19:07 -0500, Joe Nardone <jnardone at gmail dot com> wrote:
> > I'm having trouble booting up m0n0wall, but I'm not a fbsd expert so
> > I'm not sure where to look.
> >
> > The boot messages hang immediately after:
> >
> >      atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> at port 0x60,0x64 on isa0
> >      atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> flags 0x1 irq 1 on atkbdc0
> >      kbd0 at atkbk0
> >
> > the keyboard lights all flash at the last line (once), I assume for
> > detection.  At this point, the machine locks HARD.  I have to power
> > down/power up to reboot.
> >

> Keyboard aside, as a next step I'd make sure plug and play OS is
> disabled in your BIOS and see what that does.

Thanks -- I should probably mention this isn't an ordinary PC, well
not entirely.  It's a repurposed Watchguard Fireguard II box, which is
basically PC hardware but (among other things) has a very limited
BIOS.

I did some other testing with a Linux image and had similar lockup
problems with mouse-related problems.  So it's possible it's the mouse
detection that's part of my issue.  Is there any way in the 4.10
kernel to disable probing of the PS/2 port for a mouse?

joe