[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Quentin Arnaud <quentin dot arnaud at supelec dot fr>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IRC XDCC Sends / Gets
 Date:  Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:23:22 +0100
Hello,

I'am currently using debian as a gateway for a small lan ( 3 computers), I
would like to use m0n0wall (mainly because it can be embedded into WRAP).

Right now i have a module (for linux) which allows lan-users to
use irc's xdcc sends/gets transparently to the user . From what I have
understood : when an xdcc packet gets reaches the firewall from the lan
this module extracts the lan-ip in the packet and replace it with the
firewall's public ip.

Thus, I would like to know if xdcc send/get are possible behind a m0n0wall
firewall ?  Do the users have anything to do ?

Thanks

Quentin Arnaud