[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Wilks" <adam dot wilks at weymouthwireless dot co dot uk>
 Subject:  iwpriv for tx power control
 Date:  Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:12:24 -0000
Hi all,

There have been numerous posts in the past regarding wireless TX power
control in m0n0wall. Alas such a feature is a bit sketchy even with on a
full blown installation of Linux / BSD.

I currently use an installation of Slackware / HostAP on my access point
box and make use of the iwpriv utility that ships in the wireless-tools
distro to disable automatic power control and set the TX power using

Can anyone say if iwpriv works with the wi driver (or at all on BSD for
that matter)? Could such a thing be ported?

Thanks for any feedback,

Adam.