[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Wilks" <adam dot wilks at weymouthwireless dot co dot uk>
 Subject:  iwpriv for tx power control
 Date:  Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:12:24 -0000
Hi all,

There have been numerous posts in the past regarding wireless TX power
control in m0n0wall. Alas such a feature is a bit sketchy even with on a
full blown installation of Linux / BSD.

I currently use an installation of Slackware / HostAP on my access point
box and make use of the iwpriv utility that ships in the wireless-tools
distro to disable automatic power control and set the TX power using
“writemif 62 ${TXPOWER}”.

Can anyone say if iwpriv works with the wi driver (or at all on BSD for
that matter)? Could such a thing be ported?

Thanks for any feedback,

Adam.